Capsicum is the name of a number of tropical pepper plants, native to America, where it has been cultivated for thousands of years. Nowadays it is being grown in different shapes, sizes and a variety of flavors all over the world. The word “Capsicum” thus refers to peppers such as cayenne, jalapeno, bell peppers, sweet peppers and many more. Capsicum Extract in particular comes from red chili peppers. It consists of the substance which gives chili peppers their hotness – Capsaicin.
The more Capsaicin a pepper has the spicier or pungent it will taste. Chili peppers have been used for a long time in Native American medicine to boost metabolism, stimulate blood circulation and to relieve pain. Furthermore, Capsicum Extract has been shown to decrease weight regain by influencing fat oxidation. It also regulates hunger by increasing satiety which leads to a lessened need for energy and fat intake.
- Its thermogenic properties help reduce appetite
- Speeds up metabolism
- Improves food digestion
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels and lowers blood pressure
- Keeps skin, eyes and mucous membranes healthy
- Stimulates circulation and altering temperature regulation
- Reduces LDL levels and promotes cardiovascular health.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
Featured on a nationally syndicated television show as a safe and natural way to speed up weight loss