Coleus Forskohlii, also known as Plectranthus barbatus, is a perennial tropical plant from the family Lamiaceae. Coleus Forskohlii has been used in Indian (Ayurvedic) medicine to treat symptoms of cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal discomforts, convulsions and spasmodic pain. It contains the an enzyme which, when ingested, increases a molecule called cAMP. This molecule is an important ‘signal carrier’ which serves to transmit biological responses of cells to hormones.
The main purpose of Coleus Forskohlii Extract as a supplement is because of its ability to to increase cAMP in fat cells, which then increases the rate at which fat is burned in the body. It has also been shown to increase the rate at which other fat burning substances work.
Coleus Forskohlii Extract has also been used in the bodybuilding industry as it has been shown to increase testosterone, lean and bone mass in men. As testosterone can function as a fat burner, the extract has more potential benefits for men.
- Increases fat burning activity
- Promotes long-term weight loss
- Enhances lean body mass
- Increases thyroid activity and metabolism
- Increases the effects of other fat burning substances
- Helps control cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases
- Eases symptoms of Glaucoma
- Minimizes Asthma attacks
- Heals skin conditions such as Eczema or Psoriasis
- Soothes muscle spasms & tension
- Can reduce intraocular pressure
- Reduces urinary tract infections